Quark is a virtually fat free Cream Cheese. Some people like it, some don’t but I love it! I will be honest though, it reminds me more of a natural yogurt but it’s nice 🙂
A big thank you to my Dalton Consultant Sue for letting me put this on my blog. I think it will help others when trying to make meals.
12 ways with Quark
1. Mixed with sweetener substitute for cream. add strawberries! delish and free!
2. Add 1 egg and equivalent in tablespoon of quark and whisk to make a batter. Syn free pancakes – add sweetener for sweet or herbs for savoury!!!
3. Whisk with eggs and stir in cooked pasta, onion, mushroom, bacon = carbonara.
4. Eton mess (3 syns) merinuge.Mix with sweetener and strawberries.
5. Add choc options and sweetener = choc mousse.(2 syns)
6. Add stockpot to a level tablespoons quark and pour over meat for syn free sauce.
7. Mix with nutella( 4.5 syns per level tablespoon) and great topping for a dessert.
8. Crumble a Bag of mini Maltesers (4.5 syns) with 3 level tablespoon quark for truly lighter way to enjoy a dessert!
9. Mash tin peas and add basil and grated garlic and stir in Quark for Cheats ‘Peasto’, fab sauce for pasta and salad.
10. Stir tablespoon into a curry at the end to make it creamy!!!
11. Stir into porridge OR cereal as alternative to milk!
12. Stir into Soup for a creamy finish!